Thursday 13 October 2005

Three Kids, One Bowl and a Brush

I found myself standing watching the school bus depart with my children this morning holding an empty cereal bowl in one hand and a brush in the other. I was wearing my painting pants and raggiest sweatshirt with duckie socks that have a little stuffed duck head attached at the back with my very best black high heal dress shoes. No make-up, bed head and stinky breath. My pre-schooler locked the door for me on the way out. A girl can't be too careful when she's in the house alone watching "Dora the Explorer." I don't have a key with me. It's raining and I have n0 umbrella, no coat, no hat. This is how anyone passing by would find me. At the end of my driveway....looking perplexed. But you know what?! I BEAT THE BUS! YES!!!

5 comments:

mish-mash mousse said...

Way to go!! You did it!!!!You've earned the really big prize! A whole uninterrupted 7 minutes to chug down cold coffee!

Your posts are great! always give me a lift. have a great day!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Thanks mousse! Sadly, I'm getting to the point where if something funny doesn't happen so I have material to blog on, I'm disappointed.LOL!

Maggie Ann said...

I remember those days (years) of trying to beat the bus! The bus driver,(Russell, bless his heart) would sit patiently at the end of the drive...waiting for the kids to be propelled out the door. Thanks for coming over to Knitting Kat and leaving a comment! = )

Maggie Ann said...

Forgot to mention...I saw in your favorite books..you enjoy the Mitford series...me too! Its always a moment of interest to see a favorite book or author mentioned.

richgold said...

Way to go Maggie Ann. I just put in my pre-order for the latest Mitford book.