Tuesday 24 April 2007


The list of volunteers was growing. I offered to do portraits for free for family and friends. All they had to do was supply me with an appropriate picture that I could work from. I got what I asked for.

While flipping through the many sheets of models containing dogs, dogs, and more dogs, people, places and things, I settled on this one. Only.....I was feeling a little bored at the time, restless and silly. A bad combination in an artist apparently working on a wedding portrait. I accidentally put the dress and earring on him and the shirt on her. Darn it!

I inverted the picture as to not disclose the truly true identity of the people. The original is in graphite on white paper. I think though, I like this version even better! I may try it in white on black now!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You continue to amaze me!

Gotta ask. . .I remember your post about the jeans--that's not you and Mr. P is it? Hehe

Kurt said...

I can see it!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

It's definately not Mr. P and I. I only like to humiliate other people, not myself when I can help it. I do that enough accidentally!

Sariah said...

I have to admit, I did a double take looking at the picture. But I like it. Want to do mine? hee hee(Although, I'm not sure Ches would appreciate wearing my dress. Oh well).

Hope to see more pics of when you're bored, restless, and silly. :)

Anonymous said...

lol! You are such a zany nut, I love it! (That is a compliment by the way, and I hope you take it as such) :) Great drawing, and I kinda like the inverted effect, it's pretty cool.

Asaph's Table said...

I guess we know who wears the pants in that family.

Unknown said...

Hey Perp!
Just wanted to let you know that we are rooting for the Sens here! We have NO love for the Devils.

They may have pulled off the game yesterday, but we have faith that Ottawa will put them on the putting green in no time!

If only I had such faith that we will beat San Jose. I am nervous, but have faith. I just hope that all the $$$ we are shelling out for game 5 tickets won't be to watch US getting sent to the putting greens!

Wish us luck! Go Wings & Sens!

Unknown said...

LOOK OUT Buffalo! The Sens are on the move! You guys must be pretty excited!

Deb said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day - I hope all is going well, haven't heard from you in a while... :)

Anonymous said...

Ok this was weird....seeing the picture and then people I don't know from adam discussing it! Mr. Incredulous My hubby loves wearing the dress on occasion!