Wednesday 27 June 2007

I can't believe it. I think Mr. P might be trying to take me out. As in to the great beyond. Why else would he have me cycle the hilly cliff laden path over on the "dark side" of the country? Oh sure, it's beautiful. Most of it anyways. Once you get by the hydo stations, industrial area, the crazy cursing French drivers and passed the old French overweight pot bellied bathing beauties lining the shore. All men. Yuck! I have pictures. I took them with my cell phone, but unfortunately they will not be shown due to technical difficulties. Ok. It's really due to my computer ineptitude.

I came to one hill that had a warning sign that showed a bike a steep decline and huge lettering that said, "DANGER." Good think I speak enough French to know what DANGER means! They didn't have it in English;-)

Funny thing I noticed when I was over there was that there were cranes, ducks, but not one Canadian Goose. There are loads of them on the Ontario side. You have to beat a path through them in certain points of the trip. I'm not surprised though really. It is Quebec. They don't even recognize Canada Day like the rest of the country. I wouldn't take a chance over there either if I were an animal with Canada in my name.

Anyhow, I made it back. Almost threw up a few times along the way. Is that a bad sign? Maybe he's trying to invoke a heart attack. To be fair, he didn't specifically tell me to try the 16.7 mile path in 98 degree heat. It's my last free morning before school is out and I thought I'd go for it before I'm completely tied down.

Boy, I can't wait for that 8 hour bike ride next Spring he's asked me to go on with him. I don't know how many miles it is, but at least it stays on the flat side of the country.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want pictures!

richgold said...

8 hour trip? Why not try the Tour de Nortel to Kingston?!

BTW - if you need a break, send 'em on over ... I've inherited the neighbor kid for the next two days as is. What's four more?!

(BTW - coffee?)

Anonymous said...

Eww. . .pot-bellied old men in bathing suits. That thought does turn the stomach a bit. LOL

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

It is the ride to Kingston Adventurer. He said I could start in Merrikville or somewhere closer, but that's the wimpy way out.