Thursday 11 December 2008

Grandma "C" e-mailed this to me and I had to post it because it's something that actually made me laugh. (I appear to be having another cranky day;-0)

A Christmas Story for people having a bad day:

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce
toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the
Pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed
Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were
about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out,
Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the
toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of
rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drank all
the cider and hidden the liquor. In his frustration, he accidentally
dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces
all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice
had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritated Santa marched to the door,
yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas
tree.

The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a
lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to
stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the littl e angel on top of the Christmas
tree....

4 comments:

Kurt said...

Is that historically accurate?

richgold said...

Considering that I had to do a presentation for my French class, and decided to do it about the origins of Christmas, I'd say, yes.

Jams said...

I'm certain this story is true. Handed down through the ages, it was repeated in soft whispers around open fires on cold winter nights. Thank you for retelling it for us here.

K said...

This is not only hilarious - it captures my Christmas spirit.