Tuesday 24 February 2009


I've started hanging some of the exercises from my art class in the basement. I spend a half a day a week at the art school. (hey, shut up! I'm new at this.) We have a live model for each weekly class. I'm hoping they will inspire me to actually take some time to draw similar style drawings from a program I purchased which provides like models. (I refuse to use the correct name "n*de", as it seems to bring all sorts of crazies to the site. Okay, other than the regular crazies I mean.)

One of the models is shown in the accompanying book looks like a clone of one of my brothers-in-law. At least, as far as his less personal areas that I am familiar with. I don't know about the rest. No offense, but I don't want to see the rest and I think I may just skip that particular model.

Mr. P. asked me if they should be hanging where the kids can see them. Normally I'd say he was right, but with all of the art books around and me explaining about the beauty of the human body in art I'd be a hypocrite to hide them. I have however covered the models dangly bits to post here as to not offend any readers sensibilities. If I wanted to properly cover him I guess I should probably have used two sticky notes.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Thank you for your sensitivity.

richgold said...

The thing about naked people is intent. Art and, well, the other stuff (I'm using that term so as not to get weirdos to the site) have very different intents.

Is it ok to say that I'm very proud of you and your efforts? You have a lot of skill.

Jams said...

I'm giggling like a preteen -
Your brother in law's less personal areas???

When I was in my early teens, I used to babysit for a couple. The husband was a high school art teacher. There were always n*u*de sculptures, in varying degrees of completion, sitting around. I was most interested.