Tuesday 10 March 2009

White Mocha and Kat Von D

Here's Kat Von D trying to talk White Mocha into a tattoo;-)

There are days where I actually do stay home and work around the house, on my art, or volunteer at the kids school. Today wasn't one of them.

Although I've never actually seen her show, I knew Kat Von D was coming into town to do a book signing and asked White Mocha if she felt like using public transit to get downtown to wait in line for eons to attend the book signing of a tattoo artist. I didn't actually think she'd say yes! We went, it was fun to ride a bus again like common folk, something neither of us do unless completely necessary;-) We did a tour of the art school and I signed up for my next course. So I guess technically it was a work related trip.

I didn't actually get a book. I guess I just wanted to see what someone looks like who actually gets paid big money to create art and who gets to draw on people for a living. I'm jealous.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Kat in person and be even more ecstatic to get a tattoo done by her. She is so talented and her tats are awesome.

richgold said...

Ok. That's just cool. So you didn't by the book. Did you get a tatoo?

What course did you sign up for?

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Expressive Figure Painting

Serena Lewis said...

I've never heard of Kat Von D but I've seen some amazing tattoos by artists. I'm getting my first tattoo tomorrow.....nothing fancy, just a simple symbol that I designed myself. I can hardly wait!

Anonymous said...

Kat Von D strikes me as a sociopath/psychopath. Something about her seems very shady and ingenuine. You know those people who seem "too nice" and happy go lucky and then all of a sudden they murder an office full of people? That's what I get from Kat Von D.