Sunday 28 February 2010

Okay, I'm starting to figure out what art is.  I've done some more studying.  Listened to some instructors.  I've been asking lots of people I come across.  Pretty much everything is art.  It's just whether or not you have enough confidence in your art that makes others believe what you do is art.  If they tell you they don't think it is you need to make them understand their opinion is meaningless.  If the artist believes his/her art is art, then that's all that really matters.

Now, the next question I have is, what is normal?  Behavior, the physical, mental, spiritual.  It's quite the conundrum.  I'll be working out this one for a while I suspect.

I'm still waiting for people to send me their drawings of nudes.  Mr. P even said he'd do one for me and I've never seen him draw anything in the entire time I've know him. 

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

I could send you some nude drawings I did in college, but I have posted a lot of the goods ones already lol

normal can't be defined, what is normal for one person can be the complete opposite for another.

Kurt said...

My nude drawing is ten years old and is not appropriate for all audiences.

May I suggest reading some John Berger?

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Jennifer Rose, would love to put one up anyways if you would be willing. I would love to show the range in styles and how different people "see".

Kurt, would love to see it anyways. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look him up.

sandy said...

I know I know, I'm way behind, I just haven't seen a good nude lately.